Some friends have shared summer squash from their gardens with me and I love roasted veggies, so I decided to roast some squash last weekend. Roasted Summer Squash and Tomatoes makes a great summer side dish or even a light meal. You can also serve it over pasta for a more filling lunch or dinner. Add some chopped chicken or turkey to it too, if you like. I really like it just the way it is…the tasty, tender roasted veggies flavored with some herbs and seasonings, garlic and onion, and the wonderful taste of Parmesan cheese! Continue reading
Roasting veggies is great in the cold weather months because not only do they taste really good, your kitchen also gets nice and warm and cozy as the veggies are roasting! These Honey-Roasted Root Veggies have a slightly sweet taste from the honey and they Continue reading
I eat raw veggies with dip every once in a while, but my favorite way to eat veggies is when they’re roasted. I just love them that way! They’re so easy to make–just cube or chop the veggies into bite-sized pieces, coat with an olive oil/balsamic vinegar/herb mixture, spread them out on a large sheet pan, and roast in your oven. I like using a variety of veggies–if you don’t like a particular veggie in this recipe, you can always substitute a different one. So this recipe is versatile as well as easy! If you’re growing a vegetable garden, this is a great way to use those home-grown veggies!
SHEET PAN ROASTED VEGETABLES by NancyC
Makes a large 13×18″ pan (about 8 servings)
- 2 medium size potatoes, cubed (about 3 1/2 to 4 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini (slice 1/2-inch thick and cut slices in half)
- 1 small yellow squash (slice 1/2-inch thick and cut slices in half)
- 2 large carrots, sliced 1/2-inch thick (about 2 to 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium size yellow or red onions (or 1 of each), quartered, with pieces separated
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil (use 1/3 cup for a lighter coating of oil or 1/2 cup for a generous coating)
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450˚F. Line a 13×18″ sheet pan with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
Chop vegetables as indicated and put in a very large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix rosemary, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour this mixture over the vegetables in the large bowl and stir until all the vegetables are coated.
Spread the vegetables evenly on the sheet pan and roast in the oven at 450˚F for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes, until veggies are tender. Season with additional salt and/or pepper, if desired, and serve.
These veggies are so good, it’s hard to stop eating them. At least they’re healthy though, so if you eat a big helping you don’t have to feel quite so guilty! Are you a fan of roasted vegetables too or do you like eating your veggies another way?