Throughout the summer, I love eating slices of juicy watermelon, but I thought I’d try something different with it for a change. I found a Watermelon-Cucumber Salad with Feta recipe at Food.com, and it sounded like the perfect thing to try! I omitted some ingredients and added some others, and I really like the slightly sweet and savory combination of tastes this salad has! It’s a great way to use your garden veggies if you’re growing cherry tomatoes and cucumbers, too!
WATERMELON-CUCUMBER -TOMATO SALAD WITH FETA by NancyCreative, adapted from Food.com
Makes 6 servings
- 6 cups watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium English cucumber, peeled or unpeeled and thinly sliced or cut into chunks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced or chopped (chop the green stems and the white part of the onions)
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- I/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (or you can use a whole 4-ounce container if you want to have extra cheese in your salad)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint, chopped (optional)
Combine watermelon, English cucumber, green onions, olives, and cherry tomatoes in a large salad bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, and olive oil.
Add lime juice mixture to watermelon and other ingredients in large bowl; toss gently to coat.
Sprinkle with feta and chopped fresh mint, if using; toss gently again and serve.
Have you made any unique watermelon recipes this summer?
Linked to Inspire Me Monday.