One of my favorite summer dishes is the classic deviled egg. In fact, if I had to choose between a deviled egg and a piece of chocolate, I think I just might choose the deviled egg! And that says a lot, because I’m a big chocolate-lover!
I found a great basic deviled egg recipe over at Favorite Brand Name Recipes.com. These are your basic egg, mustard, and mayonnaise deviled eggs and they are really good! I ate three of them right after making them…I really do have a weakness for these! 🙂 So, next time you have a deviled egg craving or are planning a summer picnic, be sure to try these out!
Classic Deviled Eggs
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS by NancyC, adapted from Favorite Brand Name Recipes
Makes 12 servings (24 deviled egg halves)
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, cut in half
- 6 Tablespoons low-fat or regular mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red or black pepper
- Paprika for garnish
Remove yolk from egg whites using a teaspoon. Mash yolks with a fork in a medium size bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well.
Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves. Arrange on serving platter. Garnish with paprika. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
VARIATIONS: Stir in one of the following…
- 2 Tablespoons minced red onion plus 1 Tablespoon horseradish
- 2 Tablespoons pickle relish plus 1 Tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 2 Tablespoons each minced onion and celery plus 1 Tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 (1 ounce) cup shredded Cheddar cheese plus 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
Recipe from NancyC | nancy-c.com