This time of year is definitely chili weather for me, because a hot bowl of chili is just the thing when it’s cool outside! The recipe I’m sharing here, Three-Can Chili, is a super-easy one—so even if you don’t like to cook, you may not mind making this.
The main ingredients are ground beef and one can each of diced tomatoes, chili beans, and corn. This recipe is very flexible, so if you don’t like chili beans, you can use black beans or kidney beans. If you don’t like corn in your chili, use another can of beans instead. If you want to make this a veggie chili, substitute an extra can of beans or veggie crumbles for the ground beef.
Some optional ingredients are paprika, green pepper, and yellow onion. I like the paprika because it gives the chili a richer, slightly smoky flavor. And I think the green pepper and onion are great additions to the chili, but if you don’t like one or the other, you can leave it out.
So if you’re a chili fan, give this a try sometime!
THREE-CAN CHILI by NancyC
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained (you can substitute veggie crumbles or an extra can of beans if you want to make veggie chili)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained (or substitute another can of beans, like black beans or kidney beans)
- Optional ingredients: 1 teaspoon paprika; 1 small green pepper, chopped; 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- Suggested Toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions or fresh chives
In large saucepan, add cooked ground beef; the chili and garlic powders; the paprika, if using; and the three cans of corn, diced tomatoes, and chili beans. Also add the chopped green pepper and onion, if using.
Stir everything together and and cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, then cover and let simmer over low heat for another 25 minutes. Serve while hot with toppings, if desired.
Recipe from NancyC | nancy-c.com
Have you made a simple chili recipe like this? What are your favorite ingredients to use in chili?
Sharing at Weekend Potluck, Mix it Up Monday, Silver Pennies Sundays, Happiness is Homemade, Inspire Me Monday, Meal Plan Monday, Fiesta Friday, Thursday Favorite Things, Full Plate Thursday, Wonderful Wednesday, Hearth & Soul.