One day at work, Matt was telling me about a great dinner his wife Kris had made. He described all the good, healthy things that were in this dish…red potatoes, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, onion, turkey sausage…it really sounded good! He and Kris gave me the recipe, and it took me awhile to get around to making it, but I loved it!
In this Sausage Potato Bake, all the ingredients are coated in a seasoned chicken broth-olive oil mixture and baked until everything is tender. It’s soooo good, and it’s great for lunch or dinner. It’s a perfect way to use some of your garden veggies, too, this summer!
KRIS’ SAUSAGE POTATO BAKE
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 (14-ounce) package Turkey Smoked Sausage
- 4 cups red new potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups peeled small sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper (or yellow or orange bell pepper), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, cut into thin slices or 1-inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons olive oil (I used 2 Tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Cut sausage into 1/4-inch slices.
In a very large bowl, combine sausage, potatoes, bell peppers, onion, and garlic.
In small bowl, mix chicken broth, olive oil, and seasonings; pour over sausage/vegetable mixture and toss everything to coat. Put this mixture in a 9×13″ or 12×8″ baking dish.
Bake at 400˚F for 35 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let cool a few minutes (your baking dish or pan will be very hot), then serve.
I love all the different veggies in this, and the smoked Turkey Sausage is really good, too! This is the kind of dish you can enjoy year-round, and it’s so easy to make! Thanks for sharing your recipe, Kris!
What kinds of meals have you been making with your garden vegetables?
Sharing at Meal Plan Monday, Weekend Potluck, Farmhouse Friday, Thursday Favorite Things, Grace at Home, Full Plate Thursday, Homestead Blog Hop, Wonderful Wednesday, LouLou Girls, Inspire Me Monday, Happiness is Homemade.