If you like dill pickles and dill seasoning, you’ll want to try this potato salad! I’ve had this recipe for awhile and there are three things I really like about it: 1) it has red potatoes in it, which I prefer over regular potatoes, 2) you don’t need to peel the potatoes (I find potato peeling pretty tedious), and 3) it has dill pickles in it! This is a cool and creamy potato salad that is perfect for summer meals and picnics.
In addition to chopped dill pickles, this potato salad is also flavored with green onions, some garlic salt, and mustard powder. You’ll get about 8 to 10 servings from this recipe, so if you’re making this for a larger group, you should probably double it!
Creamy Dill Potato Salad
CREAMY DILL POTATO SALAD by NancyC
Makes about 8 to 10 servings
- 2 1/2 lbs. small red potatoes, unpeeled (about 5 heaping cups of cooked, cut up potatoes)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped (chop up both the green stems and the white onion part)
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped (for a lower cholesterol version, you can just use the chopped egg whites)
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles (or 1 1/3 cups if you really like that dill pickle flavor!)
- 1 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons brine from the pickles
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
Place potatoes in a large pot of lightly salted water and boil for 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender; drain well. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters, depending on the size of the potatoes. In a large bowl, add the cut potatoes, green onions, eggs, and pickles. Stir gently to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, pickle brine, garlic salt, mustard powder, pepper, and dill. Pour this mixture over the potato mixture and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Recipe from NancyC | nancy-c.com
This potato salad also looks nice served on some lettuce leaves if you’re making it for a luncheon or dinner. Potato salad is such a great summer side dish! Do you have a favorite potato salad recipe you like to make?
Sharing at Meal Plan Monday, Farmhouse Friday, Weekend Potluck, Grace at Home, Thursday Favorite Things, Full Plate Thursday, Homestead Blog Hop, LouLou Girls, Wonderful Wednesday, Happiness is Homemade, Inspire Me Monday.