I originally saw this recipe on Pinterest and couldn’t wait to try it out! It’s from Real Mom Kitchen, and it’s a very quick and easy–as well as tasty–chicken salad that’s perfect for brunch, lunch, tea time, bridal and baby showers, and other gatherings. I added a little more green onion to mine and thought it would be good with some finely chopped almonds mixed in. I really liked this chicken salad! In addition to the green onion, it has red grapes, celery, and diced apple–a great mix of flavors with a slightly crunchy texture that’s just right.
If you’re making this chicken salad for lunch, it’s great served on a croissant, wheat bun, or whole grain bread…if you’re making this for a party or get-together, try serving it on mini-croissants. Or, you may just want to serve a big scoop of it on a bed of lettuce…
…and sprinkle some sliced almonds on top! Yum!
QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN SALAD slightly adapted from Real Mom Kitchen
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 (12.5-ounce) cans of chicken (or 3 cups finely diced or shredded cooked chicken–rotisserie chicken would be good in this!)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or light mayonnaise
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 to 2 green onions, finely diced (I used 2)
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced apple (I used a Pink Lady apple and thought that worked well with all the other flavors)
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped almonds, optional (you can also use pecans, walnuts, or cashews)
- salt and pepper to taste
Add finely diced or shredded chicken (my canned chicken shredded really easily with a fork) in a medium to large bowl. Then add the mayonnaise, halved grapes, diced green onion(s), celery, apple, and finely chopped nuts if desired, blending all ingredients well. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Serve on croissants, wheat rolls, or bread…or serve a big scoop on lettuce, sprinkled with some sliced almonds (or coarsely chopped pecans, walnuts, or cashews).
I love how easy this is to make and it tastes so good! Do you have a favorite chicken salad recipe?