Here’s a fast, easy, and healthy lunch idea my friend Ann told me about. She saw this recipe over at Kraft Foods. I thought it sounded good, too, so I tried it out and thought it was great! This easy salad is so much better than fast food and perfect when you’re in a time crunch on your lunch hour. It’s really easy to put together beforehand, too–you can even prepare it the night before so it’s all ready for you to take when you leave for work the next morning. Here’s the recipe, with some notes on how you can modify it…
CHOPPED SALAD TO GO from Kraft Foods
- 1 Tablespoon Miracle Whip® Dressing, light or regular (or you can substitute mayonnaise)
- 2 Tablespoons Italian dressing, light or regular
- 2 cups chopped lettuce (chop up your own or use pre-packaged lettuce mixes; I like to use spring mix or baby spinach leaves, or a combination of both)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon chopped red onion
- 3 slices smoked turkey breast, chopped (or substitute smoked chicken breast or ham)
- 1 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled (or substitute 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon bacon bits)
Mix together Miracle Whip® and Italian dressing in a 3-cup resealable container. Top dressings with layers of remaining ingredients, then seal the container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before eating, with the lid still on, shake your container to evenly coat the salad with dressing. Then it’s ready to eat!
I am always looking for great lunch ideas and this is certainly one. Thanks for sharing!
So much better than grabbing takeout!
great idea to put the dressing on bottom! Will be trying this soon> 🙂
That salad looks good!