If you’re in the mood for comfort food—and who couldn’t use a little comfort food these days—this Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti is a dish the whole family will enjoy! There’s lots of shredded cheddar cheese in this (4 cups!), along with some rotisserie chicken, a little onion and garlic, chopped green bell pepper, black olives, and some cream of mushroom soup and sour cream to make it nice and creamy!
It makes a delicious, easy meal—just serve with a salad and some rolls! And any leftovers make a great lunch for later in the week! If you’re a cheese-lover, you’ll definitely enjoy this dish!
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
CHEESY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI by NancyC
Makes a 9×13″ pan
- 3 cups cubed or shredded rotisserie chicken (or use precooked or baked chicken breasts—this is a great way to use leftover chicken!)
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil or light olive oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (use condensed—don’t add water)
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies (do not drain)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Optional: 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti noodles
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain well; set aside. Spray or grease a 9×13″ baking pan or casserole dish; set aside.
In a large pot over medium-low to medium heat, cook onion, garlic, and green bell pepper in oil until tender. Add cream of mushroom soup, Rotel® diced tomatoes, chicken broth, sliced black olives if using, sour cream, and 3 cups of the Cheddar cheese. Mix everything together, stirring until the cheese has melted and mixture is smooth.
Add the cooked spaghetti and cubed or shredded chicken to the cheesy mixture in the large pot, mixing everything together well. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and top with the remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese. Bake at 350˚F for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool a few minutes, then serve.
Recipe from NancyC | nancy-c.com
There’s nothing like comfort food when the weather is chilly or when life feels a little crazy. Do you have a favorite go-to comfort food recipe?
Sharing at Wonderful Wednesday, Hearth & Soul, Inspire Me Monday, Silver Pennies Sundays, Happiness is Homemade, Weekend Potluck, Meal Plan Monday, Fiesta Friday, Thursday Favorite Things, Full Plate Thursday, Tasty Tuesdays.