THE GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED! I’m reviewing a new cookbook, Two Peas & Their Pod: Favorite Everyday Recipes from Our Family Kitchen, and I’m also having a giveaway for two copies—2 winners will each receive a copy! Continue reading below for details on how to enter the giveaway!
These Triple-Chip Chocolate Cookies are a chocolate-lover’s dream—just one of the many amazing recipes that you’ll find in the new cookbook, Two Peas & Their Pod: Favorite Everyday Recipes from Our Family Kitchen (Hardcover, Grand Central Publishing). This cookbook is authored by well-known food blogger Maria Lichty, creator of the very popular Two Peas & Their Pod. She and her husband Josh started the blog after friends and family asked for the recipes that they used to cater their own wedding! Maria mentions in her introduction that being in the kitchen is “our happy place,” and you can tell that’s true by the delicious recipes in this cookbook! There’s a total of 115 recipes and lots of beautiful full-color photos.
In this cookbook, you’ll find lots of options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner using fresh, nutritious ingredients. There’s also a chapter on cookies (yay!) and another chapter on other desserts. The book also starts off with a chapter of helpful tips called Tools for Becoming a Confident Home Cook. Other chapters include Appetizers, Soups, Salads, Side Dishes, Meat and Fish Main Dishes, Vegetarian Main Dishes, and Easy Entertaining. Some of the recipes that you’ll find throughout the book include:
- Cinnamon Streusel French Toast
- Baked Brie with Apples and Salted Caramel Sauce
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken and Peach Salad
- Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Chowder
- Crispy Garlic-Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
- Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach and Artichokes
- Josh’s Favorite Double Cheeseburger (I’ll take one of those! 🙂 )
- Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Mega Monster Cookies
- Apple Crisp with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble
- Loaded Nachos Bar
Since there are photos of every recipe, you can see how delicious the food looks! I have personally looked at all the photos and can tell you that each and every recipe looks and sounds wonderful!
Photo above from Two Peas & Their Pod cookbook: Triple-Chip Chocolate Cookies
All of the recipes sounded so good, it was hard to decide what to make. I ended up choosing the Triple-Chip Chocolate Cookies after I saw the picture of them in the book! These cookies are rich, chocolatey, and chewy. If you like chocolate, you won’t be disappointed!
Triple-Chip Chocolate Cookies
TRIPLE-CHIP CHOCOLATE COOKIES from Two Peas & Their Pod: Favorite Everyday Recipes from Our Family Kitchen
Prep: 15 minutes | Bake: 10 minutes per batch | Makes 33 cookies
Chocolate lovers are in for a real treat with these rich cocoa cookies made with three kinds of chocolate chips: milk, semisweet, and white. It’s the kind of cookie that technically will scratch the sweet-tooth itch after eating just one, but let’s be honest: Who can stop there? Make sure you have a glass of cold milk nearby for dunking.
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Dutch-process or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 cup (1⁄2 pound) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips, plus more for finishing
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for finishing
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips, plus more for finishing
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and both sugars. Mix until smooth, 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined. Use a spatula to stir in all the chocolate chips.
5. Drop the dough by the rounded tablespoon on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Not all the cookies will fit on the sheet for one batch. Bake for 10 minutes, until the cookies are set but still soft in the center. Don’t overbake. Gently press a few more chocolate chips and chunks into the tops of the cookies. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 3 to 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. While the cookies are still soft, gently press the extra chocolate chips into the cookies to make them look pretty. Once the baking sheet has cooled completely, repeat with the remaining dough.
6. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Grand Central Publishing | nancy-c.com
THE GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED! Congratulations to Kelly and Alison C.—Kelly had comment number 1 and Alison had comment number 22—these numbers were randomly chosen via random.org.
ABOUT THE GIVEAWAY…Does this sound like a cookbook you’d love to have? To enter this giveaway for a copy of Two Peas & Their Pod: Favorite Everyday Recipes from Our Family Kitchen, just leave a comment on this blog post between now and Monday, September 23, 2019 at 9 p.m. (CST)–the random drawing will be made from the comments on this post only! There are two giveaway copies, so there will be two winners! The winners will be chosen randomly via Random.org and notified by Tuesday evening, September 24. Winners will be notified via email (if winners do not respond in 3 days, I’ll do another drawing). Giveaway limited to readers in the U.S. and Canada.
- First entry: Leave a comment on this post letting me know you’d like to win this book!
- Bonus entry #1: Follow me by email and leave a comment on this post letting me know.
- Bonus entry #2: Follow me on Instagram and/or Pinterest and leave a comment on this post letting me know.
- Bonus entry #3: Follow me on Facebook and/or Twitter and leave a comment on this post letting me know.
- Bonus entry #4: If you already follow me at least two different ways, leave a comment on this post letting me know which ways you are following.
Be sure to leave your comments on this post, not on social media—these will be the only comments entered in the giveaway!
Note: If your comment doesn’t show up right away, it just means I need to click on it to approve it before it’s visible–I do this because of spam comments that sometimes come through! Your comment(s) WILL show up!
Sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays, Mix it Up Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Happiness is Homemade, Weekend Potluck, Meal Plan Monday, Fiesta Friday, Full Plate Thursday, Thursday Favorite Things, Wonderful Wednesday, Hearth & Soul.