When it comes to pie-making, I’m more of a beginner. I just haven’t made a lot of pies. But I did make a pie for Pi Day, which was March 14. And it was a very easy pie–one with a pre-made cookie crust. All I had to do was mix up the filling and let it chill in the fridge. What could be easier than that?
The filling for this Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie is made with heavy whipping cream, which makes it nice and rich. And there’s peanut butter in it, of course, along with marshmallow cream. The filling is topped with mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and some chopped, salted, dry roasted peanuts which give the pie a great sweet-and-salty taste!
CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER PIE by NancyC, adapted from RealSimple
Makes one 9″ pie
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow cream
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 (9-inch) pre-made chocolate graham cracker or cookie pie crust (I used a 6-oz. Oreo Pie Crust)
- 1/3 cup chopped salted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 -3 Tablespoons semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (you could use regular-size chips instead and other flavors if you prefer–milk, white, or dark chocolate; or peanut butter)
Using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Beat in marshmallow cream and creamy peanut butter.
Spread mixture into the pie crust and top with chopped peanuts and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Chill until firm, about 4 to 5 hours.
You can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate in a pie! Did you make or eat any pies for Pi Day?