Looking for a fun craft you can do with your kids or grandkids? These colorful creatures are made from toilet paper rolls…which we all probably have plenty off! 🙂 Just wrap some construction paper around the tube and secure with glue or tape, then glue on other facial features with craft items like mini pom poms and googly eyes…or just draw the faces on! This simple craft will give your little ones hours of amusement! Make animals, like a dog or chick, or make some funny faces! See the simple instructions below!
I made and took pictures of these TP Pals for maryandmartha.com, and they’re shown on a Simply Elegant Accent Plate and Simply Elegant Table Runner. These items really help freshen up your table for spring and summer!
TP Pals—a fun, easy craft for kids!
TP PALS by NancyC
Supplies needed for dog, chick, and funny face:
- Toilet paper tubes
- Construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Mini pom poms or small buttons (for noses)
- Optional: yarn (for hair) or ribbons
- Black medium tip marker for drawing mouths, whiskers, eyebrows, etc. (you can use a variety of colors, too)
- Tacky glue
Instructions for each TP roll:
- Using a ruler and pencil, measure and draw a 4″ x 6 1/2″ rectangle on a sheet of construction paper; use the scissors to cut it out.
- Use the piece of construction paper to wrap around a toilet paper tube; glue or tape vertical ends of paper to the tube—this will be the back of the “head.”
- Glue 2 googly eyes at the front of the tube in the upper half area (or draw the eyes with a marker or make them from construction paper). Draw eyebrows if you want!
- Glue 1 mini pom pom to the tube, just below the 2 eyes, for the nose, or draw a nose (for the chick, cut a beak shape out of construction paper and glue below the eyes).
- For the dog and funny face, draw the mouth with a marker.
- For the dog, draw the paws at the bottom with a marker. Draw and cut out ears from construction paper and glue to the sides of the tube.
- For the chick, draw and cut out wings and glue to the sides of the tube. Draw, cut out, and glue a red or orange “comb” for the top of the chick’s head.
- For the funny face, add some hair with yarn or construction paper; add ears with pom poms or draw them on. Add a bow tie with a ribbon or draw a necklace with a marker!
Craft from NancyC | nancy-c.com
I think the chick is my favorite, because it’s so bright and cheerful! Have you been making any fun crafts with the kiddos?