For me, summer is smoothie weather and I love having them for breakfast! It’s always fun trying out different flavors. Strawberries, kiwifruit, and bananas are a great combination, and this smoothie uses frozen banana slices to help thicken it and make it creamy. This smoothie is good and easy to make. And using a slice of kiwifruit as a garnish adds a nice colorful touch! Try this out for breakfast or for a healthy afternoon snack.
STRAWBERRY-KIWI-BANANA SMOOTHIE by NancyC
Makes about 2 cups
1 medium size banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (or substitute a dairy-free yogurt)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup milk (you can use low-fat, soy, or almond milk)
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- Optional: a slice of kiwifruit for garnish
Add frozen banana slices, fresh strawberry slices, kiwifruit slices, yogurt, honey, milk, and flaxseed, if using, into a blender. Blend mixture for 1 minute or until smooth and creamy. Pour into a glass, add a slice of kiwifruit as a garnish, and enjoy!
This smoothie is a real treat and it’s nice that it’s healthy, too! I love making things with fresh fruit–especially strawberries! Are you a fan of strawberries, too?