I eat raw veggies with dip every once in a while, but my favorite way to eat veggies is when they’re roasted. I just love them that way! They’re so easy to make–just cube or chop the veggies into bite-sized pieces, coat with an olive oil/balsamic vinegar/herb mixture, spread them out on a large sheet pan, and roast in your oven. I like using a variety of veggies–if you don’t like a particular veggie in this recipe, you can always substitute a different one. So this recipe is versatile as well as easy! If you’re growing a vegetable garden, this is a great way to use those home-grown veggies!
SHEET PAN ROASTED VEGETABLES by NancyC
Makes a large 13×18″ pan (about 8 servings)
- 2 medium size potatoes, cubed (about 3 1/2 to 4 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini (slice 1/2-inch thick and cut slices in half)
- 1 small yellow squash (slice 1/2-inch thick and cut slices in half)
- 2 large carrots, sliced 1/2-inch thick (about 2 to 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium size yellow or red onions (or 1 of each), quartered, with pieces separated
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil (use 1/3 cup for a lighter coating of oil or 1/2 cup for a generous coating)
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450˚F. Line a 13×18″ sheet pan with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
Chop vegetables as indicated and put in a very large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix rosemary, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour this mixture over the vegetables in the large bowl and stir until all the vegetables are coated.
Spread the vegetables evenly on the sheet pan and roast in the oven at 450˚F for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes, until veggies are tender. Season with additional salt and/or pepper, if desired, and serve.
These veggies are so good, it’s hard to stop eating them. At least they’re healthy though, so if you eat a big helping you don’t have to feel quite so guilty! Are you a fan of roasted vegetables too or do you like eating your veggies another way?