If you’re craving lasagna but don’t have the time to make it, this soup just might be the next best thing. Not only is it easy to make, it doesn’t take a whole lot of time. And it really does have that delicious lasagna flavor! It’s so hearty and thick, too, with ground beef, chopped green bell pepper, chopped onion, and lots of rotini noodles. Oh, and don’t forget the Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top–you really must have that!
EASY LASAGNA SOUP by NancyC, adapted from Taste of Home
Makes about 8 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 2/3 cups uncooked rotini (corkscrew pasta)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella cheese, for sprinkling on top
In large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper, and onion over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain excess grease.
Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in uncooked pasta and return to a boil again. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with 1/2 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese and 1 Tablespoon Mozzarella cheese, then serve.
Comfort food in a bowl, that’s what this lasagna soup is! This has become one of my new favorite winter soups! What’s yours?