It’s been so hot the last few days, a smoothie sounded like the perfect thing to make! I like this recipe because it also has a peach in it–blackberries and peaches are such great summer fruits, so what a great idea to use them together in a smoothie! I found this recipe at Clean and Scentsible. If you don’t have blackberries, you can use blueberries or raspberries. Use your berries frozen–it makes the smoothie thicker, not to mention really cool and refreshing!
BLACKBERRY PEACH SMOOTHIE by NancyC, adapted from Clean and Scentsible
Makes 16 ounces–enough for 2 small smoothies or 1 large smoothie
- 1 cup frozen blackberries (or substitute blueberries or raspberries)
- 1 peach, sliced (and pit removed–you can peel the peach if you want–I left the skin on; or, you can use canned peaches)
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Tablespoon flaxseed or wheat germ
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey (optional)
Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
This really tastes great on a hot summer day! What kinds of cooling summer beverages have you been making?