This fresh and fruity salad was something I discovered at a potluck. I love all the healthy ingredients in it–slices of fresh peaches (or nectarines) and strawberries–with some slivered or sliced almonds added in–all tossed in a slightly sweet-and-tangy vinaigrette. Crumbles of delicious Feta cheese top the salad. It’s a great side dish to enjoy during peach season! I actually like using smooth-skinned nectarines in this salad–you can use either peaches or nectarines, or a combination of both. No fruit-peeling is necessary!
PEACH-STRAWBERRY SALAD WITH FETA slightly adapted from a potluck recipe
Makes about 8 servings
- 6 peaches or nectarines, sliced or chopped
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups hulled strawberries, sliced or cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Briannas Blush Wine Vinaigrette (or you can use Balsamic or Raspberry Vinaigrette)
- 2 ounces crumbled Feta cheese, to top the salad (half of a 4-ounce container)
- addtional slivered or sliced almonds, to top the salad
Place sliced peaches (or nectarines), sliced strawberries, and almonds in a large bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over the ingredients and toss until well-coated. Top everything with the crumbled Feta cheese and additional almonds, if desired. Serve immediately.
The Feta cheese with the fruit is such a great combination! Have you tried out any new fruit salad recipes during this summer season?