I made these wraps on a really warm day recently, and it made such a nice summer meal! They have lots of good and healthy things in them…lean turkey, a mix of baby spinach and lettuce, julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes (from an oil-packed jar), and cucumber strips. All wrapped up in a Tomato-Basil flour tortilla.
I modified a recipe that I had found at Kraft Foods, adding cheese and using sun-dried tomatoes instead of roasted red peppers, although those would be great in this, too. And I used a Tomato-Basil tortilla, but you can use your favorite kind.
SUN DRIED TOMATO TURKEY WRAP by NancyCreative, adapted from Kraft Foods
Makes 2 wraps
- 2 (8″) flour tortillas (I used a tomato-basil flavored tortilla)
- 1 Tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons light zesty Italian dressing
- 2 slices of Muenster or Provolone cheese, optional
- 3/4 cup baby spinach leaves (or a salad mix of half spinach leaves and half spring mix)
- 10 very thin slices of deli-style oven-roasted turkey breast
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber strips
- 1/4 cup julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes in oil (or substitute roasted red pepper strips)
- Sliced kalamata olives or slivered red onions, optional
Mix mayonnaise and Italian dressing; spread over tortillas. Put a slice of cheese in the center of each tortilla. Top evenly with remaining ingredients and roll up tightly–the key to a well-wrapped wrap is to layer the ingredients evenly and wrap tightly–something I still need to improve on! 🙂 Cut each wrap in half and serve with a salad or other simple side dish.
Do you make wraps often? What do you like to put in yours?