Jane Ann did it again! Earlier this year, she made a really great casserole called Cheesy Hash Brown Potatoes. Several months later, she told me one day at work that she was going to bring in another casserole the next day as part of a breakfast celebration for one of her coworkers. I asked her if she would save me a piece and brought my camera to take a picture of it…I just had a feeling it would be really good and that I’d want to post the recipe on my blog! Well, the Cheesy Ham and Hash Brown Casserole she made was super-good…every bit as cheesy, creamy, and yummy as I thought it would be. If you are looking for something new to try for breakfast or brunch, I recommend this! How can you go wrong with ham, cheese, and potatoes? It’s like a breakfast in itself, but you can also serve it with other breakfast items like an egg casserole, fruit salad, pancakes, or even just biscuits or toast. Jane Ann found the recipe at Allrecipes.com.
CHEESY HAM AND HASH BROWN CASSEROLE slightly adapted from Allrecipes
Makes 12 servings
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 8 ounces cooked, diced ham or bacon (crumble bacon into large bits)
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (16-ounce) container light or regular sour cream
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (or 6-0unce bag) shredded Parmesan cheese (from the refrigerated section of your grocery store)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, mix thawed hash browns, ham, cream of potato soup, sour cream, and Cheddar cheese. Spread evenly into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly brown. Serve immediately.