This is a post about two monstrously good things…a recipe for some yummy Monster Cookies and a fun iPad App called Monster Doodle. They kind of go hand in hand…you and your kids can bake up a batch of these monster-size cookies, then sit back and create some fun monsters on your iPad while you’re munching on those cookies!
The Monster Doodle iPad App was created by two of my friends and co-workers, Brian and Jon. It’s a fun, creative, and imaginative way to come up with hundreds of cartoon monster faces on your iPad! I created the monster shown in the photo above. 🙂 Here’s how it works…
- Create your own personal monster by choosing from over 150 monster “parts” in 7 categories (body, eyes, nose, mouth, hands, ears, and some fun “extras”)
- You can change each “part” by rotating it or making it larger or smaller.
- You can mix and match all the parts and come up with an almost infinite number of monsters!
- It’s easy to add and remove pieces, or just start completely over.
- You can save your monster creations to your Photo Album.
- It provides hours of creative fun for kids of all ages.
- It’s available on the iTunes store for just $.99! To get to the store, click here.
Okay, now for the Monster Cookie recipe…these cookies are really yummy and they have lots of oatmeal in them, along with peanut butter and raisins. So that makes them kind of healthy, right? 🙂 They also have some M&M’s and chocolate chips…I used dark chocolate chips, but you could use semi-sweet chips, too. The recipe I came up with is a combination of different recipes that I looked up on the web…there are so many variations of this cookie, but I really like the way this recipe turned out…so I hope you get a chance to try them!
MONSTROUSLY GOOD MONSTER COOKIES by NancyCreative
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s® milk chocolate candies
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips)
- 1/2 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs and brown sugar, blending well. Add the salt, vanilla extract, peanut butter, and softened butter; blend all ingredients well. Add in baking soda, oats, and flour, mixing well. Then fold in M&M’s®, chocolate chips, and raisins, stirring to distribute evenly in batter.
Drop the cookie dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto the lined baking sheets and bake for about 13 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned…careful not to overbake! Let cookies cool for a few minutes on the sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. This makes about 30 jumbo cookies.
You can store them at room temperature in resealable plastic bags or other airtight containers. You can freeze some, too, if you want to save some for later!
Linked to Foodie Friday.